Symbol of Educational Excellence
Since 1931, The University of Tampa has provided its students with exceptional learning experiences in a global context. It is committed to supporting every student’s development and success, recruiting and promoting faculty of the highest credentials and standards of excellence, creating a supportive campus community and engaging the larger community and world.
Four-College ModelUT's academic structure – the Four-College Model – has helped the University retain its small-school ambience despite rapid growth. Each college is headed by a dean who reports to the provost and vice president for academic affairs. The four colleges are:
Interdisciplinary ProgramsIn addition to the four colleges, UT has five major interdisciplinary areas that draw students, faculty and resources from across the colleges and curriculum:
- Graduate and Continuing Studies coordinates all-university programs for adult and part-time learners.
- Baccalaureate Experience supports the general education program that is the liberal arts core required of all undergraduate students.
- International Programs oversees study abroad programs, international majors and certificates, and international student services.
- Honors Program offers courses, tutorials and undergraduate research experiences for high achieving UT students.
- Macdonald-Kelce Library houses over 300,000 volumes, a variety of study spaces and an exceptional array of electronic resources that support faculty, students and the curriculum.
Academic 中国体彩票手机版下载Working out of the Provost’s Office, the associate provost and dean of academic services implements the University’s academic standards and requirements for all students (including policies and processes related to academic integrity and academic appeals) and oversees the following areas:
- Academic Success Center
Academic Advising Office
Academic Excellence Programs
Student Transition and Persistence Programs
- Baccalaureate general education program
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Educational Technology
- First Year Experience
- Military Science
- Media 中国体彩票手机版下载
Student-focused LearningCelebrated scholars, teachers and authors from around the globe fill UT’s distinguished faculty (90 percent have a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field). Whether they teach primarily graduate courses or travel abroad to present their research, UT professors always keep their students at the center of their work and aim to educate the whole person. They also emphasize experiential education — actively engaging students in study abroad, internships, service learning, and their own research.
Visit academic degrees to see a complete list of majors, minors and graduate degrees.